Squiz Matrix Newsletter #40019 Oct
This week we have two new features to report, including a new script to regenerate the asset file contents within Squiz Matrix. Continue reading below for more information on all this week's developments.
New Script to Regenerate the Asset File Contents
Due for release in version 4.14.0 (March 4th 2013)
A new script has been added to Squiz Matrix to regenerate the asset file contents within the system. This includes metadata files, design files and bodycopy content files.
The regenerate_file_systems.php script is found in the system's Scripts directory and takes the following parameters:
- --system=<SYSTEM_ROOT> : the root directory of your Squiz Matrix system.
- --rootnode=<ROOT_NODE> : the root node you wish to regenerate the file contents from.
- --designs : specifies to only regenerate design files.
- --metadata : specifies to only regenerate metadata files.
- --bodycopies : specifies to only regenerate bodycopy content files.
- --all : specifies to regenerate all file content (metadata, design and bodycopy content files).
Usage of this script is as follows:
$ php scripts/regenerate_file_system.php --system=<SYSTEM_ROOT> --rootnode=100 --all
Retrieving Asset Data [DONE]
Processing Designs [DONE]
Processing Metadata [DONE]
Processing Bodycopies [DONE]
New Keyword on the E-Commerce Call REST Resource Completion Action
Due for release in version 4.12.0 (November 5th 2012)
Last month, we reported on the new Call REST Resource completion action for the E-Commerce package's Checkout Page asset. This action calls a REST resource server after the checkout process has successfully been completed on an e-commerce order.
This enhancement introduces the new %order_item_type_count% keyword replacement to return the number of item types in the e-commerce order.
So, for example, if an e-com order contained 5 apples and 2 oranges, this keyword would print 2, as there are two different item types on the order.
This keyword replacement has been added to complement the existing array of keyword replacements available for use on the REST request, whilst configuring the Call REST Resource completion action.